There isn't an easy answer for this. Only an experienced personal injury lawyer near you can begin to make an accurate analysis for this.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer here. There is no formula, equation, or simple rule to determine the amount of money it takes to fairly compensate a person for pain and suffering in a personal injury lawsuit.
Here are some questions that are commonly asked:
- What kind of pain are/were you in?
- From what sort of injury?
- How long did the pain last?
- Is there still pain?
- Will the pain go away, or not?
- How does the pain change a specific person’s life?
- Is it physical pain, emotional pain, or both?
- Where and how is the pain experienced?
Only an experienced personal injury lawyer can begin to make an accurate analysis for the fair compensation of pain and suffering. This analysis can only be made when you have either reached the point where the doctors have helped you as much as they can, or at least gotten you close to that point.